Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!

Today is going to be very difficult - it's my mother-in-law's funeral. And while I thought about not posting today, I remembered all the random acts of kindness she did for everyone around her and felt today was the best possible day to honor her memory.

Today we're blitzing the writing community with Random Acts of Kindness!!


A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community


Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.


So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.



Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

I am randomly blitzing three writers today:

S.P. Sipal: Susan was the first person I met within the online writing community (and she lives near me too!) and she's been incredibly awesome to me since I started my social media journey and she's helped with a pitch earlier this year, and has even offered to assist me with my first query (as soon as it's ready). Susan, for my RAOK gift, I'm offering to critique your query or first chapter, or Beta Read 150 pages. Susan blogs at Harry Potter for Writers. If you have a minute, please stop in and tell her how awesome she is!

Jami Gold: Another incredible writer whose blog I can't imagine not not reading! Jami is a talented writer who always offers up helpful advice, and she helped me whip a pitch and first 250 words into shape earlier this year. Whenever I need assistance or tips with a particular writing technique, Jami's blog is one the first I search. Jami, for my RAOK gift, I'm offering to critique your query of first chapter, or Beta Read 150 pages as well! :)  Jami blogs at her website. If you have a minute, please stop in and tell her how awesome she is as well!

Tina Moss: I don't think I could do a RAOK blitz without blitzing Tina. She's been uber sweet and incredibly nice, and extremely helpful with any and everything I've needed. She's offered to maybe do some Beta Reading for me, which I'm sure I will take her up on that offer here soon. ;)  Tina, for my RAOK gift, I'd like to offer you the same as Susan & Jami: critique of your query of first chapter, or a Beta Read of 150 pages. Tina also blogs at her website. If you have another minute, please stop in and also tell her how awesome she is!


Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)


Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.


Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...